The night also featured a special retirement ceremony for two-time Olympic PRE stallion Grandioso (Adelante x Sevillano IX), owned by Kim Boyer. The stallion competed for the Spanish team with rider Daniel Martin Dockx (ESP) at the London Olympics in 2012, and then again at Rio in 2016.
Other classes of the day included the FEI Young Rider Team (CDIY), sponsored by Yeguada de Ymas, and won by Codi Harrison (USA) and Katholts Bossco, a 2007 Danish Warmblood gelding (Blue Hors don Schufro x Katholts Farceur x Michellino) owned by Harrison, with a score of 69.763%. Victory in the FEI Intermediate II 16-25, sponsored by Diamante Farms, went to Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) and Dhannie Ymas, a 2007 Hanoverian gelding (Don Crusador x Welina) owned by Yeguada de Ymas S.L., with a score of 68.000%.
The FEI Junior Rider Team class, sponsored by The Axel Johnson Group, awarded the win to Natalia Bacariza Danguillecourt (ESP) and Rihanna Ymas, a 2008 Brandenburger mare (Relius x Akira x Akzento) owned by Yeguada de Ymas S.L., with a score of 67.730%. The winning score for the Intermediate I CDI1*, presented by Chesapeake Dressage Institute, was captured by Lindsay Kellock and Royal Prinz, a 2001 Oldenburg stallion (Royal Diamond x Mystica x Dream of Glory) owned by Teresa Simmons, with a score of 70.132%.
Competition at AGDF will resume tomorrow witha full schedule of classes, including theFEI Grand Prix 16-25 – CDI U25 sponsored by Diamante Farms,followed by the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Yeguada de Ymas. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Freestyle CDI-W, presented by U.S. PRE Association
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Laura Graves (USA), Verdades, 2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Florett AS x Liwilarda owned by Laura Graves: 81.860%, 78.140%, 79.055%, 80.740%, 83.845%, 80.728%
2. Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén (SWE), Paridon Magi, 2003 Swedish Warmblood gelding by Don Primero x Napoli x Napoleon 625 owned by Lovsta Stuteri: 77.530%, 77.165%, 76.985%, 78.530%, 77.375%, 77.517%
3. Arlene Page (USA), Woodstock, 2003 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Havel x Mirania owned by Arlene Page: 75.050%, 74.295%, 74.350%, 72.250%, 74.155%, 74.020%
4. Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu (CAN), All In, 2005 KWPN gelding by Tango x Leontine x Damiro owned by Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu: 74.490%, 72.950%, 74.200%, 74.575%, 71.935%, 73.630%
5. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Don Diego Ymas, 2003 Warmblood gelding by Don Frederico x Wie Platine x Wolkenstein II owned by Juan F Matute: 73.915%, 73.475%, 75.720%, 74.225%, 70.700%, 73.607%
6. Jan Ebeling (USA), FRH Rassolini, 2003 Hanoverian stallion by Rubioso N x Sweetheart owned by Vantage Equestrian Group: 72.610%, 70.730%, 71.720%, 72.625%, 72.470%, 72.031%
7. Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastel’s Akeem Foldager, 2002 Danish Warmblood gelding by Akinos x Lobelia Foldager x Loran owned by Kastel Denmark: 73.740%, 72.200%, 69.645%, 71.520%, 71.280%, 71.677%
8. Jacqueline Brooks (CAN), D Niro, 1998 Swedish Warmblood gelding by D day x Alitalia x Napoleon 625 owned by Brookhaven Dressage Inc.: 68.935%, 71.180%, 72.910%, 72.425%, 68.060%, 70.702%
Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle.